The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started in the year 2009 with an intake of 60 students with one UG programme i.e., B.Tech. The intake was enhancedTO 240. The department also offers two PG programmes i.e., M.Tech. (EMBEDDED SYSTEMS AND VLSI) which was started in the year 2012 with an intake of 24.
The main objective of the department is to provide the best quality education at graduate and postgraduate level besides to encourage research and development, consultancy activities and consultant interaction with industries for achieving academic excellence.
The department has a team of highly well qualified and experienced teaching faculty and dynamic young staff. The faculty members are given ample opportunities for professional advancement by the department.
The department has good infrastructural facilities and has full-fledged laboratories equipped with adequatestate-of-art equipment and latest software. The department is equipped with the modern instruments andteaching aids to enhance the technical skills of the students. The department also has audio-visuals foreffective teaching.
The department organizes industrial visits, guest lectures, seminars, workshops and symposiums to shape theStudents into Engineers with all round expertise.
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has department library for the reference purpose of students and staff. As per University syllabus prescribed and reference textbooks are available in the department library. The department library is also in the possession of video Lectures on different subjects. Currently it has over 500 Volumes covering all subjects of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department library also archives the final year project reports submitted by the students.
Short Term Goals
- To improve and achieve 100% results.
- To help students to get University ranks.
- To motivate the students towards industry related projects and provide them necessary facilities.
- Practicing total quality management to ensure students in centered teaching learning process.
- To develop domain specific expertise amongst department faculty.
- To develop R&D Centre in the department.
Long Term Goals
- To shape the department as a Centre of excellence among the JNTU affiliated colleges.
- To develop international leaders in technology.
- To encourage all faculty to indulge in research activities.
- To conduct international level seminars and conferences for students and faculty members.
- Achieving 100% on campus recruitment of students in reputed multinational companies.