Civil engineering is a technology that produces useful facilities for the human beings that are used in our daily life. The works include buildings, bridges, roads, dams, canals, water supply, waste disposal and numerous other facilities that affect the life of human beings. Civil engineering is intimately associated with the private and public sectors, including the individual homeowners and international enterprises.
Civil engineering is the oldest and broadest engineering discipline among all the engineering fields. The usage of civil engineering dates back to the ancient times. Most of the seven wonders, including Egyptian pyramids and the Taj Mahal, are the creation of flawless civil engineering skills. Some of the world’s oldest civilizations such as Harappa and Mohenjo-daro; and road systems developed by the Romans are also the product of immaculate civil engineering. After all, how can one ignore the magnificent architecture of Rome’s Coliseum or the unique design of the great Eiffel tower
Civil engineering is considered as the first discipline of the various branches of engineering after military engineering, and includes the designing, planning, construction, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
Civil Engineers can find job in government organizations, industries, research and teaching institutions etc. The experts say there is a high demand for experienced civil engineers in developed and developing countries.
Short Term Goals
- Provide quality education in civil engineering for many numbers of students from rural areas.
- Regular up gradation of knowledge and skills of the faculty.
- Improving the teaching methods and strategies.
- Providing the state of Art Infrastructure.
- Maintaining proper Teacher – Student Ratio and Improving the employability of students.
- To facilitate poly streams in the PG course.
Long Term Goals
- To establish R &D centre for innovate technology to reach national goals.
- To make the campus green and pollution free.
- To keep faculty members abreast with the latest trends and developments in Research, by sending them to other premier Institutions for research and by conducting AICTE-ISTE sponsored STTPs in our own College.